Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Music Meme

1. The person who passed the baton to you? Peter Pereira. (By the way, Peter, it's "Drake", not "Blake" ... although I think "Jennifer Blake" would be a great nom de plume.)

2. Total volume of music files on your computer:
Zero. I know, pitifully archaic. But I think there is an iPod in my future, so that should change soon...

3. The title and artist of the last CD you bought:
"The Wreck Of The Day", Anna Nalick. Good stuff.

4. Song playing at the moment of writing:
"St. Robinson In His Cadillac Dream", Counting Crows

5. Who am I passing this to? Kelli Russell Agodon, Paul Guest, and Jeannine Hall Gailey, assuming they have escaped it thus far...

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

How is that Anna Nalick CD? I was going to pick it up at Target the other day (because it was only $9.99 and that's hot).

Also, Jennifer Blake totally sounds like a soap opera star to me. A nighttime soap.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, I'm liking it. It's not Great Art, but there's enough of a mix through the album that I haven't gotten bored with it (and it's been on shuffle for a couple weeks). She reminds me of Fiona Apple, in spots. The vocals are the stars; nothing special about the instrumentation. The title track is my favorite, I think, but it's all worth a listen (with the exception of "Forever Love", which annoys me for some reason).

Heroine or villianess?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Jennifer: OMG: sorry! I must have had Blake on the Brain . . . (grin). Please forgive me.

BTW: intriguing music tastes.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home