Saturday, March 05, 2005

10 Poems of Introduction (as of today, in no particular order)

1. On Hearing A New Escalation -- Richard Hugo
2. Making The Scene -- Kenneth O. Hanson
3. The Love Song Of J. Alfred Prufrock -- T.S. Eliot
4. The Second Coming -- W.B. Yeats
5. Ararat -- Mark Doty
6. The Kingfisher -- Mary Oliver
7. Exhibition -- James Masao Mitsui
8. Field Guide To Dungeness Spit -- David Wagoner
9. Latitude -- Linda Bierds
10. The Song Of The Onion -- Miguel Hernandez
(that's "Lullaby of the Onion"; oops)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Reading these lists I am reminded of how much poetry there is out there and how I've only really read a sliver of it all. This is both depressing and hopeful to me. Depressing in that I'll never be able to read it all, hopeful in that there will always be that next discovery I'll be inspired by.

jenni

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know Hanson at all. I'll have to read some...

Nice list!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home