Monday, April 18, 2005

"O wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful wonderful! and yet again wonderful! and after that, out of all whooping!"

After haunting the mailbox for a couple of decades (seemingly), I received an acceptance of my poem "From the Visitor's Guide to Tectonics in Cascadia" from Isotope, a print journal from Utah State University. They wish to make a small edit, but I decided I can live with it (and I see their point). This will be my first "official" publication by my definition, in that it will be in a national magazine and I wasn't affiliated in any way with the editors. "Whoo Hoo!", she says, exuberantly happy-dancing and scaring the cat.

16 Comments:

Blogger Anne Haines said...

Hooray and congratulations!

6:26 PM  
Blogger A. D. said...

That's pretty awesome. Congratulations!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Wendy Wisner said...

That's lovely, Jennifer! I'm so excited for you!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yay Jennifer! Yoo-hoo!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

Congrats! I can't wait to read "your" issue of Isotope! I like that journal too.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Yippppeeeee! Congratulations!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Oliver de la Paz said...

Fantastic!!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger C. Dale said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news.

4:39 PM  
Blogger David Vincenti said...

Congratulations! What is your definition of "official" publication?

And be careful - cats do get their revenge.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Anne, AD, Wendy, Peter, Jeannine, Suzanne, Paul, Oliver, C. Dale, and David -- thank you so much for the kind words! I'm still bouncing up and down.

David, "official" in that it isn't a local contest or a publication associated with a community I am involved with. And I owed the cat several, anyway.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Congratulations--that's great!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks, Robert!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Emily Lloyd said...

I realize I'm late, but BIG congratulations--not just on the publication but on the wonderful, jubilant title quote of this post: great pick. [grin]

8:10 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Awesome!! Isotope is such a beautiful pub--we just started getting it at work, so I'll keep an eye out for your poem. :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks, Em. Yeah, it's a goody -- "Top that!" says Will.

Thanks also, Charles. They said 2005 or 2006, so you may have a bit of a wait ... we'll see.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Congrats! Great news! And give my love to the cat.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home