Sunday, April 03, 2005

AWP, Abridged

Where to start? I had a wonderful time. With the giddy enthusiasm of the amateur, I came home totally jazzed and overflowing with ideas and fragments. The readings were great, the bookfair an embarrassment of riches (to the point of sensory overload), but I think the highlight was finding bloggers. Kelli, Paul, Peter, Aimee, C. Dale, Victoria, Jeannine, and Oliver ... it was such a delight to meet you all, and your loved ones. I was a little nervous about this trip, all on my own. Everyone has their comfort zone, yes? I've never been afraid on a boat, even when I should have been. However, strange cities freak me out. It was time to take a solo trip, and I'm glad I did; it helped that all my virtual acquaintances were so friendly in person. Thanks, guys, you're the best.

More anon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home