Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Importance of Being Orange

Didi Menendez (MiPO) has a great contest/challenge/exercise posted on her blog (December 1st entry), as follows:

Write A Poem - Win a prize
Write a poem using all of these 12 words/phrases

Place the poem on your blog and leave me a note so I can go read it. "Orange" should be in the title. I will give a $25 amazon.com gift certificate for the best one. Please note that writers over at the poetry board are also participating. Deadline: December 20th. Good luck and have fun.

1- Nehru Jacket
2- bouffant hairdo
3- sock it to me
4- Love American Style
5- Ed
6- french nails
7- Lawrence of Arabia
8- rebels
9- suicide
10-topless bar
11- orange
12- tooty fruity

****************

Most of these words have more urban/pop culture associations than my usual poetic fodder, so this will be good for me ... broadening to the mind and all that rot. I'll post whatever I come up with. And I'd love to see what others create from the same material (hint).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home